Read On How Your Doctors Online Helped Jake Diagnose An Anal Lump:
My name is Jake, and I have had an anal lump for the past couple of months. Initially, it started as a small lump around the anal canal and itching. Then I started experiencing pain and discomfort.
I started taking stool softeners to see if that helped resolve the issue. Increasing my water and fiber intake provided no relief either. The anal lump didn’t disappear.
I freaked out when I noticed fresh bleeding in the stool!
I never saw a doctor and convinced myself that I had some form of incurable disease because I was too embarrassed to see a doctor in person. One day I felt discomfort while passing stool, and then I noticed blood in my stool. I sat on the toilet seat in disbelief and started shaking.
The sight of blood was terrifying, and the anal lump increased in size!
I left the washroom and searched online for an appointment with a doctor. Soon, I came across an online doctor and found a better option. So, I signed up on Your Doctors Online and was immediately connected with a doctor, Dr Farrukh. She asked me how I was doing. I immediately told her that I felt terrible and that I had an anal lump that was associated with pain and bleeding.
The doctor calmed me down and told me that the anal lump was known as a hemorrhoid!
The doctor calmed me down. She told me to take a deep breath. I did so and felt immediately relaxed. After that, she informed me that my symptoms were due to hemorrhoids which were a result of swollen rectal veins. She also told me that bleeding could occur in the case of hemorrhoids.
I was guided in detail on how to manage my symptoms by the online doctor!
The doctor told me the following measures to help manage bleeding and pain:
- Take a sitz bath daily and add Epsom salts for additional relief
- Use an external hemorrhoidal cream or suppository containing hydrocortisone
- Use pads containing witch hazel or numbing gel for the pain
Dr Farrukh also advised me that if the bleeding persists or if the size of the anal lump increases, I would have to visit a doctor in person.
Your Doctors Online is the best platform to seek medical advice. My anal lump has decreased in size drastically!
My symptoms have improved drastically. I would advise you to connect with an online doctor on this online platform. The doctor provided me with treatment and reassurance.
Her patience and knowledge were admirable.
Information on hemorrhoids added by Your Doctors Online Team:
What are hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are enlarged or swollen veins inside and outside the anus or rectum.
What are the symptoms of hemorrhoids?
- itching in the anal region
- uncomfortable lump/swelling near your anus
- pain/discomfort around the anus, especially when sitting
- bleeding while passing stool
What are the risk factors for developing hemorrhoids?
- Being overweight
- Being pregnant
- Consuming a low-fiber diet
- Prolonged sitting
- Have chronic constipation or diarrhoea
- Regularly lifting heavy objects
What are the treatment options for hemorrhoids?
Some treatment options include:
- Pain relief remedies such as sitz bath or application of a numbing gel
- Taking Fibre supplements
- Using a haemorrhoidal cream or suppository
- If such measures don’t help and the bleeding persists, your doctor may suggest rubber band ligation or sclerotherapy.