Get a Prescription Refill for Accutane Online
You can get a prescription refill for Accutane online by connecting with our online doctor. An Accutane prescription is used to treat severe acne, specifically nodular acne that is unresponsive to other forms of treatment, such as antibiotics. The doctor will ask you to describe your symptoms in order to determine the best course of treatment. Then, if deemed necessary, they may recommend a follow-up appointment or a visit to a clinic.
However, please note a prescription refill will only be provided after consultation with the doctor and if the treatment is considered suitable and safe for you.
How to Connect with an Online Doctor?
Connect with a health care professional online in 3 easy steps.
Describe your Issue
Download our app, register and tell us about your medical issue to get started.
- Sexual Health
Chat with a Doctor
Connect with a board-certified doctor. You can chat, send pictures and videos.
Hi Dr Nicole, I have an acne outbreak, and it is really bad. Can I get some form of treatment, please?
Our online doctors can help you with your medical issues and give you prescriptions.
- Isotretinoin 0.5 to 1 mg/kg of body weight per day.
- Benzoyl peroxide 2.5% and adapalene 0.1% apply to the affected area once daily.
What is Accutane and How to Take It
Accutane is a prescription acne medication. Isotretinoin, also known as a retinoid or a Vitamin A derivative, is used as a last resort after other forms of treatments have failed, as it is known to cause severe side effects. The medication works by reducing oil production in the skin, while simultaneously slowing the replacement of skin cells that can clog pores. Additionally, Accutane prescription treats acne by preventing acne-forming bacteria from multiplying.
Accutane over the counter isn’t an option, and Accutane prescription is provided after consulting with a licensed doctor. The doctor will be able to diagnose your condition and prescribe the required dosage. Accutane dosages depend on the patient’s condition and weight. The medication is to be taken for a prolonged duration, such as 15-20 weeks, and with food for maximum absorption.
Even if you take the correct dosage of the online Accutane prescription for you, your acne may worsen initially. It can take 1-2 months to appreciate the benefits of the medication.
Important information about Accutane
Following are some points that you should know about Accutane:
- Accutane can cause severe birth defects. Therefore, a pregnancy test is a prerequisite, and a form of written agreement to use birth control is required before a prescription for Accutane can be issued.
- Avoid taking vitamin supplements containing Vitamin A.
- Accutane can lead to photosensitivity. Therefore, skin protection is required.
- Using wax for hair removal or laser therapy while using Accutane can lead to scarring.
- Accutane may trigger a severe allergic reaction. Discontinue the medication and report to a doctor in case of hives, swollen tongue, lips, or throat.
- You cannot donate blood while on isotretinoin and for at least 1 month after you stop taking the pills.
- Some Accutane drug interactions include minocycline, tetracycline, vitamin A drugs, phenytoin and prednisone.
FAQs About Accutane
how to get Accutane prescribed to you online?
For getting Accutane you will require a prescription. Hence, with Your Doctors Online you can get prescription online.
1. Download Your Doctors Online's App
2. Sign Up with app
3. Connect with a certified doctor instantly, describe your issues and symptoms.
4. The doctor will issue prescription based on your symptoms.
Can I buy Accutane over the counter?
No, you cannot get Accutane over-the-counter. You will require close supervision of your physician or pharmacist for an acne prescription.
Can a regular doctor prescribe accutane?
Registered health care professionals and part of the iPLEDGE program can prescribe Accutane.
Do you need a prescription for Accutane?
Yes, Accutane can cause severe side effects and is a danger to the developing fetus. Therefore, some prerequisites must be met before the medication can be prescribed. Hence a prescription for Accutane is required.
Why are dermatologists hesitant to prescribe Accutane?
The main reasons revolve around the possibilty of birth defects if a female conceives. Moreover, some risks associated with inflammatory bowel disease, depression, suicide, are also some of the resons why the dermatolgists are hesitant to prescribe Accutane.
How to get Accutane without a dermatologist?
You can get Accutane prescriptions online through virtual telemedicine or online dermatologists. All medical professionals are authorized to prescribe Accutane. Although general medical doctors may be able to provide Accutane treatment, it is commonly prescribed by dermatologists.
What happens if I miss an accutane dose?
If you miss a dose of Accutane, you will need to skip your dose. After that, take your next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take exceed the dosage of the medicine.
How long does it take for Accutane to work?
It can take 8-12 weeks for the medication to work correctly or for visible improvement in the symptoms.
-edith bien aime
Get Started Today
Talk to online doctors now and get medical advice, online prescriptions, and referrals within minutes. On-demand healthcare services at your fingertips.