Last modified: February 28, 2019
Having a good skin care regimen will do wonders for your skin. Skin care tips like never forgetting to put some sunscreen on, and always cleansing gently are perfect for skin health. Your skin will look healthy and glowing. You’ll enjoy skin health that will last for years to come.
If you don’t have time for a thorough skin care regimen, there are still ways you can pamper yourself by doing great with just the basics. Having a healthy lifestyle can help delay the aging process, and preclude different kinds of skin problems.
Here are five simple skin care tips and beauty tips for achieving and preserving fantastic skin health.
Skin Health Beauty Tips #1: Sun Protection
Protecting your skin from the sun is one of the most important things you can do to take care of your skin. Beauty tips always start with avoiding consistent sun exposure. This causes wrinkles, age spots, and other skin problems. It can even increase the risk of skin cancer.
The following skin care tips for complete sun protection include:
- Always use sunscreen. Pick the one with a broad spectrum with at least SPF 15. Apply a generous amount on your skin and reapply after every two hours. Apply even more often if you’re swimming or doing something that keeps you perspiring.
- Always bring something for shade. Try to avoid the sun especially during the strongest sun rays. That would be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Bring an umbrella, a hat, or a visor. This is one of the most practical beauty tips there is, because an umbrella can be used in many useful ways aside from providing shade.
- Wear protective clothing as much as you can. Choose clothes that are tightly woven like long-sleeved shirts and long pants. One of the best skin care tips is to use laundry additives as well. Some of these products provide an extra layer of UV protection but only for a certain number of washings. You can also opt for special clothing that specifically blocks UV rays.
Skin Health Beauty Tips #2: Avoid Smoking
Smoking is a big contributor of wrinkles and one of the biggest skin care tips around. It makes your skin look much older than your actual age because it narrows the blood vessels in the outermost layers of the skin. When this happens, blood flow is greatly reduced. As a result, important factors for skin health like oxygen and nutrients get depleted from your skin.
Skin health beauty tips always mention these two: Collagen and Elastin, but what are they? They are both fibers that provide your skin with strength and elasticity. Smoking also damages these two.
Another part of smoking that contributes to wrinkles is the facial expressions or movements that you do when smoking. The repetitive pursing of lips when inhaling and the squinting of your eyes to keep out smoke produce wrinkles in those specific areas.
The best way to protect your skin if you’re a smoker is to quit. Consult your doctor for tips or treatments that will help you to quit smoking. No matter how difficult it maybe, this is truly one of the best skin care tips that need to be followed.
Skin Health Beauty Tips #3: Gentle Skin Care
Skin care tips usually suggest that since daily cleansing and shaving have adverse effects on your skin.
Here are some beauty tips to keep things gentle:
- Less time in the bath. Oil gets removed from your skin by hot water and long showers or baths. It would be best to limit your bath time and remember to use warm instead of hot water.
- Stop using strong soaps. Oil is easily stripped from your skin because of strong soaps or detergents. Use mild cleansers instead.
- Shave carefully. Prioritize skin protection from shaving. Beauty tips tell us to always apply shaving cream, lotion, or gel before shaving. This is to protect and lubricate your skin. Use a clean sharp razor to get the closest shave. And, don’t shave against the direction the hair grows, follow it.
- Gently pat yourself dry. Like the usual skin health beauty tips, after every washing or bathing, gently pat or blot your skin dry with a towel. This way, some moisture still remains on your skin.
- Moisturize your skin, especially if you have dry skin. Another one of the most fantastic skin care tips is to use a moisturizer that is appropriate for your skin type. Best if you use a moisturizer for daily use that has SPF.
Skin Health Beauty Tips #4: Eat Healthy
Eating healthy can help you look and feel great. Skin health beauty tips state that you should include plenty of fruits, vegetable, whole grains, and lean proteins in your diet.
Some research suggests that avoiding unhealthy fats and processed or refined carbohydrates coupled with plenty of vitamin C results in younger looking skin. Skin care tips should begin with curbing your appetite for unhealthy food and follow these skin care tips for a younger and fairer version of yourself.
Skin Health Beauty Tips #5: Stress Management
Stress can make your skin more sensitive and can even trigger acne breakouts and other skin conditions. Manage your stress in order to preserve your skin health and your sanity.
Make sure you spend some time doing the things you enjoy doing. It will greatly help your skin and mind become fresher. It can’t be wrong to adhere to one of the most beneficial skin care tips ever.
Achieving a healthier skin may require sacrifices, and clearly, it’s up to you if you would closely follow the skin care tips mentioned above.
Submitted by Dr. Richard Honaker: http://www.independentmedicalexaminer.com/IME-Directory/Virginia/Dr-Richard-A-Honaker-MD.asp
Disclaimer: This article provides general information and is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or medical condition. If you require specific advice, please consult one of our medical professionals through the app. However, in case of an emergency, please call 911.