Get a pregnancy consultation online
The pregnancy period is approximately nine months or around 40 weeks. It takes a long time for a fetus to stay in its mother’s womb. This time duration requires immediate and utmost attention and care for the baby and the mother.
If you are pregnant, consult our doctor at Your Doctors Online for pregnancy care and treatment of any conditions a mother may suffer from.
How to connect with doctor for pregnancy
Connect with a health care professional online in 3 easy steps.
Describe your issue
Download our app, register and tell us about your medical issue to get started.
Chat with a doctor
Connect with a board-certified doctor. You can chat, send pictures and videos.
Hi Dr. Nicole, I am 6 weeks pregnant, and my vomiting doesn’t go away. Can you please help?
Get a prescription
Our online doctors can help you with your medical issues and give you prescriptions.
- Doxylamine and Pyridoxine 10mg
- Take one tablet at bedtime.
- If symptoms persist, increase the dose to twice a day.
Symptoms of pregnancy
Here are some of the symptoms and conditions a pregnant woman experiences:
- Nausea with or without vomiting (Morning sickness): Elevated human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) hormone levels.
- Tender, swollen breasts: Increased blood flow and hormonal changes in breast tissue.
- Missed period: Suppression of the menstrual cycle due to hormonal changes after conception.
- Fatigue: Sedative effect of progesterone hormone.
- Cramping: Uterus stretching to accommodate the growing fetus.
- Constipation: Hormonal changes slow down the digestive system.
- Moodiness: Fluctuating hormone levels affect neurotransmitters in the brain.
- Increased urination: Higher blood volume and increased fluid processing by the kidneys.
- Bloating: Hormonal changes impacting the digestive system.
- Light spotting (Implantation bleeding): Fertilized egg attaching to the uterine lining.
- Food aversions: Increased sensitivity to certain odors and taste changes due to hormonal fluctuations.
- Nasal congestion: Swelling and dryness of nasal mucous membranes caused by hormonal changes.
FAQs about pregnancy
When should I start pregnancy treatment?
Getting prenatal care during pregnancy is essential, especially in the first trimester (6-12th weeks). Consult a doctor immediately for starting prenatal care during pregnancy at Your Doctors Online.
What is the treatment of uti in pregnancy?
If you experience urinary tract infections during pregnancy, your provider may prescribe you medications like nitrofurantoin and cephalexin, safe antibiotics to take while pregnant. Consult a doctor for a detailed consultation and diagnosis of the infection and its treatment at Your Doctors Online.
Should I go to the doctor for a yeast infection while pregnant?
Yeast infection doesn’t cause extreme complications for your child and yourself, but it is best to get the treatment before delivery as it can affect your baby during birth. Your doctor may prescribe a topical antibiotic for the treatment of yeast infections. Consult a doctor at Your Doctors Online if you experience the symptoms of infections.
What is the most common treatment for ectopic pregnancy?
Ectopic pregnancy can only be treated by medications that end pregnancy. Unfortunately, it is impossible to save the fetus, but it can be treated with medicines like methotrexate which get absorbed in the body in 4-6 weeks.
How long can an ectopic pregnancy go without treatment?
The sac containing the fetus ruptures in about 6-16 weeks ending the ectopic pregnancy. The duration is too short to allow the fetus to live independently due to the unavailability of the blood supply required for its growth. Contact a doctor at Your Doctors Online for the details and management of ectopic pregnancy.
How can I treat my pregnancy without going to the doctor?
You cannot treat pregnancy without going to a doctor, as prenatal care is crucial for safe delivery and a healthy child and mother. Consult a doctor at Your Doctors Online for pregnancy care.
How to treat hyperemesis gravidarum in the first trimester at home?
With bed rest, herbal supplements, and acupressure, hyperemesis gravidarum can be treated in the first trimester. However, getting a consultation from your doctor before taking any supplements is best. Consult a doctor at Your Doctors Online for the treatment and prescription of hyperemesis gravidarum online.
How do you treat low potassium during pregnancy?
Low potassium can cause weakness and fatigue, which is unsuitable for you and your child. You can increase your potassium level by taking a diet rich in potassium, i.e., fruits and vegetables. Moreover, you can ask a doctor for a prescription of dietary supplements good for you containing potassium. Talk to a doctor at Your Doctors Online to treat low potassium during pregnancy.
What are the recommended treatments for hyperemesis to reduce the risk of preterm birth?
To reduce the risk of stillbirth due to hyperemesis, take vitamin B6, intravenous fluids to treat dehydration, and to intake small portions of a bland diet that is easy to digest. Moreover, get treatment from a doctor at Your Doctors Online for treating hyperemesis via nutritional supplements and parenteral nutrition.
-edith bien aime
Get Started Today
Talk to online doctors now and get medical advice, online prescriptions, refills, lab requisitions and medical notes within minutes. On-demand healthcare services at your fingertips.