8 Vital Signs Your Antidepressant Is NOT Working
Finding the right antidepressant can be challenging. In many cases, it is trial and error until the right medication is found. In fact, only 37 percent of people found relief (remission) from depression after taking only one antidepressant.
Another startling statistic is that only 67 percent of people went into remission after trying four different medications. Not promising, but there are those that do find the right antidepressant for them.
Since it is a process unique to the actual person, here is how to tell if your antidepressant is not working.
Your Antidepressant is NOT Working If . . .
- You’re experiencing side effects of the medication
- You immediately feel better
- You’ve skipped a dose, or two, or more
- The effectiveness of your antidepressant isn’t as good
- A quick feeling of energy overcomes you
- Depression is not getting better, but getting worse
- You have felt some improvement, but still not feeling yourself
- Violent mood swings and irritability has become present
Just For You . . .
What If My Medication Is Not Working?
The trial and error nature of finding the right medication for your depression can be frustrating. Unlike most medications, there isn’t one pill that helps everyone. If you do feel like your depression medication isn’t working, it may be time to call your doctor.
Do You Need Antidepressants?
This is a big question for many people. Did you know that 350 million people suffer from depression? That is five percent of the entire world’s population!
Women are also more likely to be diagnosed with depression than men.
Depression symptoms include:
- Problems with focus
- Mental and physical fatigue
- Feelings of guilt and helplessness
- Feeling worthless
- Too much sleep
- Irritable moments for no reason
- Loss of interest in hobbies and social interactions
- Not eating enough
- Suicidal thoughts or attempts
Talk to a Doctor Today About Depression
Do you have any of the above depression symptoms? Are you taking depression medication, but not feeling like it is working? Talk to a doctor today via our FREE Dr. Chat to get the answers you need and deserve. Simply click below and begin chatting with a doctor in minutes.
Submitted by Dr. Richard Honaker: https://www.bestdocsnetwork.com/doctors/richard-honaker/